Re: viruses (was Re: Meeting notice)

http://tmda.net/
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa02/

> I'd be in favour of some sort of automated spam filtering such as
> spamassassin with the rejected messages going to some address which a
> human can periodically check through and resend any false positives on
> from. I can do that unless somebody else is happy to.

I think even some MTA-level checks could be benficial; I get ezmlm
bounce messages from the zsh lists because sendmail doesn't like the
envelope headers of some spam.

SpamAssassin is run on the Debian lists, to some positive effect as
well.

> Are other people blocking yahoo? If so I'll post under a different
> address.

People take all sorts of draconian measures which result in the loss of
legitimate mail.