Re: exec problem

* x x <pbyrne76@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2002-11-26 13:31:25 +0000]:
> In 4.0.4 when I issue an 'exec' and zsh can't find
> the executable it simply terminates without warning.
> This is surly not desirable behaviour.
>
> [snip function to create a "safe" exec]
>
> Shouldn't this be builtin?

  My gut feeling is that zsh's behaviour in this regard is correct,
since I always thought there was a core belief (among UNIX software in
general, not just zsh) that the software should "do what I say, exactly
as I say, and not second-guess me".
  However, having said that, I think your function is quite useful
and that a lot of people will like/use it (possibly myself included).
Thanks for taking the time to write it. :)

 John Buttery

      Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism
        because it is a merger of state and corporate power.

                          Benito Mussolini

                                     (Web page temporarily unavailable)