Re: Add ^C'd commands to history?

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:45:40 -0500, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> Instead of interrupting, you can run the command commented out simply
> with the `#' command in vi mode.  I'm not sure about emacs mode.

Yeah, and it occurs to me I could "^Aecho " to get it in history, then
wipe out this echo to run it, but I think my hands are too wired to ^C
for things along this line to work very well.

I'm surprised "# foo" tries to run a command called "#". That could be
a fun program name.

I think HIST_ADD_CANCELED would be useful to enough people to have it
added. (at least as useful as the 30 or so other history options)

--
Jeremy M. Dolan <mailto:jmd@xxxxxxxxx> <http://jmd.us/>
PGP: 1024D/3C68A1BA 9470 210C A476 FFBB 6D11  0223 0D1C ABFC 3C68 A1BA