RE: terminfo, cygwin troubles

> However when I ssh into a Linux box, the
> 'rxvt-cygwin-native' descriptor is only in $TERMINFO,
> and I can't get ZSH to look in there to get it.  I set
> $TERMINFO in ~/.zshenv, so it might be too late.  I
> don't know how I can tell ssh to set it before loading
> Zsh...

What about it (quoting OpenSSH):

     $HOME/.ssh/environment
             This file is read into the environment at login (if it exists).
             It can only contain empty lines, comment lines (that start with
             `#'), and assignment lines of the form name=value.  The file
             should be writable only by the user; it need not be readable by
             anyone else.