Re: terminfo, cygwin troubles

 --- Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > On
16 Jan, Le Wang wrote:

> > However when I ssh into a Linux box, the
> > 'rxvt-cygwin-native' descriptor is only in
> $TERMINFO,
> > and I can't get ZSH to look in there to get it.  I
> set
>
> Is it not possible to add the file you need under
> the main
> /usr/share/terminfo?

Yes, I've tried both your suggestions to no avail.  It
doesn't matter where I put the descriptor, it just
won't work.  After some research into terminfo, I
found out that not all terminfo support is created
equal.  Some programs just worked, others (non-curses
programs) required modification of '/etc/termcap'.
Apparently Zsh is in the latter category.  I added the
termcap entry, and all is well now.

Thanks to all who offered help.

--
Le