more interactive menu completion

Hi,

I'm using menu completion now, and I absolutely love
it.  However I was just thinking that all of my
keyboard keys are unmapped during menu completion, so
wouldn't it be nice if I could press 'abc', and have
the selection go to the first file starting with an
'abc'?  This is very much like the way modern file
managers work (e.g. Explorer,  Konqueror, etc), except
they only match the first letter.

It would be great if this kind of widget can be
refined to do substring matching as well.  Does this
kind of completion scheme currently exist for Zsh?

--
Le