RE: cygwin + /dev/stderr

> Hi all,
>
> I use /dev/stderr in my scripts profusely.  Now that I
> started using cygwin, these scripts would generally
> fail.  I understand that Bash has built in /dev/*
> handling for cygwin, is there any plans for ZSh to
> develop similar features?

/dev/stderr is not and never has been portable. Any script that relies on
that is flawed as you just discovered.

> What's the best way for me to handle this without
> modifying all of my scripts?

The best way would still be to modify your scripts to avoid this problem in
future :) Who knows, may be you will use another Unix someday.

What version of Cygwin are you using? I have vague memory that Cygwin
emulates /dev/std* as well but may be wrong here.

-andrej