echo-ing case insensitively

I do not use directories much - I prefer underscores in filenames.
The following serves me well (with most of my data in a single dir):
se () {
        if [ $2 ]
        then
                echo $1/*$2* | sed -e 's/ /\
/g'
        else
                echo *$1* | sed -e 's/ /\
/g'
        fi
}

What I want to do though is give this function an argument like
say - `draft' and I want to see:
today_draft
Draft.mail
some_other_DRAFT

(Breaking mailing-list convention with a followup question)

I want to type `draft' at the prompt and press <tab> and then
get all the options above to show as possible expansions.

How?

Thanks.

--
Eric Smith