redhat 8 and gnome-terminal problem

Has anyone else had problems with redhat 8 and gnome-terminal where
the list of completions (after two presses on tab) are never shown?

I tried cutting my setup down to:

autoload -U compinit
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete
setopt NO_AUTO_MENU BASH_AUTO_LIST NO_LIST_AMBIGUOUS
setopt LIST_BEEP LIST_TYPES NO_REC_EXACT

but it still happens.

The wierd thing is that it seems that the text is written to screen
(ie newlines because of the output is generated), but no text is
visible. Also if I switch to console mode, there are no problems.

I also tried switching between LANG=da_DK.UTF-8 and LANG=da_DK (which
defaults to ISO8859-1), no luck.

--
Dennis
use Inline C => qq{void p(char*g){