Re: sending escape sequences to print in color

* Stephane CHAZELAS (03-03-24 22:52 +0100)
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:40:51PM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
>> In the last episode (Mar 24), Eric Smith said:
>>> How do I print (shell builtin) or scho or better still write (1)
>>> to screen and produce color characters or inverse video.
>>
>> echotc AF 6 ; echotc AB 4 ; echo "Cyan on Blue!"

I love the manual: "Output the termcap value corresponding to the
capability cap".

> Or
> autoload colors
> colors

I don't have to do this, perhaps because of "autoload -U promptinit ;
promptinit"? Any way to verify this?

> print "$bg[cyan]$fg[blue]Blue on Cyan!"

Time for me to unset the default "banghist" option.

Thorsten
--
 children under the age of 18