Re: CHECK_JOBS for suspended jobs only?

Haakon Riiser wrote:
>Also, I have a completly unrelated question which is too silly to
>warrant its own posting. :-)  If I type "|" after expanding a name
>with the completion system, the "|" is inserted to the /left/ of the
>cursor instead of /under/ the cursor.  This doesn't break anything
>because the completion system inserts a space after the completed
>word, but it feels a bit weird so I had to ask why this happens.

This is suffix removal.  The completion system added a space after the
completed name in case you wanted to type another command argument next,
but instead you typed a "|", so you obviously didn't need the space so
it removed it before adding the "|".  Suffix removal is more useful in
some other cases, such as the removable "/" after completing a directory
name or the removable "}" after completing a variable name inside "${".

-zefram