Re: precmd not being updated when I want

On Sep 9,  9:05am, Jesper Holmberg wrote:
} Subject: Re: precmd not being updated when I want
}
} > On Sep 8,  1:58pm, Wayne Davison wrote:
} > }
} > } just a redraw, so zsh does no re-evaluation of the prompt
}
} And is there any way of forcing a re-evaluation?

No, I don't believe that there is.  A re-evaluation happens only after
accept-line or send-break, and there's no way to have either of those
invoked without user interaction of some kind.