LONG_LIST_JOBS

    Hi all :)

    I don't know if I missing something here, but seems that
LONG_LIST_JOBS doesn't affect the output of the 'jobs' builtin. The
only effect I've noticed is that, when set, makes exit notifications
of jobs show the PID, nothing more.

    The manual says it 'List jobs in the long format by default', and
I cannot find any more info about this subject, except a message on
this list, back to 1995, saying that this option affects the format
of the notifications one receives when a job terminates or is
suspended. I can see the difference only when a job terminates...

    If this is true, then IMHO the documentation should be
adjusted...

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736