Re: delete-word does not delete the entire word...

On Oct 11,  9:51pm, DervishD wrote:
}
}     Maybe, I don't really know. I don't feel like telling what I
} think about vi or emacs, but when documentation say 'word' I assume
} 'entire word', not 'from cursor position to...' ;))

What you're missing is that the documentation nearly always is expressed
in terms of character positions, not semantic buffer contents.  Thus
the suffix -word in a command name means the prefix (delete, forward,
upcase, etc.) is applied across the range of characters from the cursor
position to the next character that represents a word boundary; not to
the semantic entity that you think of as "a word".