Re: problem building zsh in background

Jens Petersen <petersen@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     >>> >> works... yes checking if tcsetpgrp() actually
>     >>> >> works...  [1] + suspended (tty output)
>     >>> >> ./configure
>     >>>
>     PT> Check-out the thread at
>     PT> http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2003/msg00895.html
>
> Ok, I have no problems with the first weaker patch, but with
> the second patch (msg00896.html) when there is no tty I see:
>
> :
> checking if kill(pid, 0) returns ESRCH correctly... yes
> checking if POSIX sigsuspend() works... yes
> checking if tcsetpgrp() actually works... notty
> configure: error: no controlling tty
> %

Yes, I know.

The first patch fails to detect if configure runs without a
controlling tty, does not run the test and assumes that tcsetpgrp()
works correctly.

The second patch aborts the configure run in that case.

The first patch was a work in progress, the second patch is supposed
to be an improvement :-)

Why do you want to run configure with nohup?

I guess I could run the test in a separate, created pty, but that is
going to be messy to do portably in configure.

Phil.