Re: CLI Tricks

On Friday 12 December 2003 09:48, you wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:32:39AM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> > B)
> >
> > I've read somewhere that I can repeat the previous keyword when typing
> > a command
> >
> > eg
> >
> > > cp verylongfilename (control metachar)
> >
> > and you get
> >
> > > cp verylongfilename  verylongfilename
>
> You want the copy-prev-word function which is by default bound to
> Esc Ctrl-_

How interesting! Didn't know about that. I played a bit with it and was
intrigued by its behavior with filenames with spaces, but then 'man zshzle'
told me there's a copy-prev-shell-word which does the same but works with
spaces. The manpage, however, says both are bound to the same key by default
(a documentation bug?).

--
Hisham Muhammad
"...and this is the first step."