Re: 4.0.9

DervishD (raul@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 21 December 2003 14:08:
 > * Carlos Carvalho <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
 >> Module loading doesn't work for me in either 4.0.8 or 4.0.9. I'm using
 >> gcc 3.3.2 and the latest libc from debian unstable.
 >
 >    I've tested with 4.0.9, GCC 3.3, libc 2.2.4, and have the same
 >problem.
 >
 >> and it ends up segfaulting.
 >
 >    Mine didn't segfaulted, but it was unable to load modules.
 >Anyway, I've done a quick and dirty test, so I'm not sure if the
 >problem is my fault (which is, probably).

I found that the module loading didn't work because the installation
process didn't complete and the modules were not put in the system
area.

The segfaulting is happening with several other programs in an
apparently random fashion; rebooting "cures" it for a while. Therefore
it's not zsh-related. Looks like some cache mis-behavior...

Sorry for the false alarm.