Re: zsh 4.1.1 make check errors on OS X 10.3 [was: 10.2]

Hi,

In message <525FE6E8-3BF2-11D8-B757-000A9591EB8C@xxxxxxxxxxx>
on Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 04:34:55PM -0800, Culley Harrelson wrote:
> I am new to zsh so I don't know how to do further tests on the below
> errors.  It installed fine and seems to be working without problems.
> With 10.3 out now my environment is getting obscure but I thought I
> would post these test results anyway...
[...]
> ./C02cond.ztst: starting.
> Test ./C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
[...]
> Was testing: -N cond
> ./C02cond.ztst: test failed.

This will fail on HFS+ volumes because the access time is not stored (it
will always be equal to the modification time). I suspect there *is* a
dedicated field in the filesystem for storing it (for POSIX purposes)
but it is traditionally absent, and currently unused, under Apple
operating systems. Happily, this would not be a zsh bug per se, so the
following text could be updated:

> The following may (or may not) help identifying the cause:
>   This test can fail on NFS-mounted filesystems as the access and
>   modification times are not updated separately.  This does not indicate
>   a problem in the shell.

E.g. "...This test can fail on NFS-mounted or HFS+ (Apple Mac OS X
default) filesystems as the...".

> ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
> comptestinit:7: failed to load module: zsh/zpty

The remainder of the errors appear to be related to the "failed to load
module: zsh/zpty" problem. I don't appear to have any such problem under
10.3.1.

PS. I get a lot of warnings about "implicit declaration of function
'ioctl'" (because sys/ioctl.h is not included) but of course there is no
problem when linking. Also, I note that object files have names like
blah..o instead of blah.o (not that it matters).