Re: (Newbie) perldoc ESC display trouble

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:52:55PM +0000, Richard Jolly wrote:
> I've recently switched to zsh on cygwin. I get display trouble in the
> form of expanded escape characters, ie ESC[1m Some Text [0m, when
> using perldoc.

Perldoc is running "less", which defaults to displaying the control
characters visibly.  It needs the -R option to allow it to display ANSI
control sequences directly to the terminal.  You can type the option
after perldoc/less is running to test that this fixes the problem for
you, and then set it in your environment in your .zshrc (and set a few
other options while you're at it) for a permanent solution:

    export LESS=mqeisz-2XR

..wayne..