Re: PATCH: case-insensitive globbing

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Mar 6, 12:18am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: PATCH: case-insensitive globbing
> }
> } > (Bash has such an option: nocaseglob...)
> }
> } This has been on the wish list for ages, but I just realised it's
> } completely trivial to implement... so trivial it might as well be in
> } 4.2.0.  It's just the existing code for (#i) turn on at the start
> } of all file globs.
>
> Does that mean that (#I) selectively restores case sensitivity?

Correct.

There's one patch I need to get in to improve efficiency on Cygwin
(currently the shell will try to search the entire directory for files
since it doesn't know the OS treats all files case insensitively)
which I'll try and do later.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com