zlogout not finishing when errors

[zsh 4.1.1]

If have put some "cp" commands in my .zlogout. Some files are
sometimes "nonexistant" - depending on the host and the mounts. So I
simply wanted to redirect stderr to /dev/null.

To my surprise when of these commands errors ("cp nonexistant_file
destination") the rest of .zlogout is not read. So I had to put a "if
[[ -r $file ]]" into .zlogout to make this file finish until the end.

Of course this is not the behaviour of the other rcfiles (.zprofile,
.zshrc, etc.).

So my question is: is this a known thing (a bug or a feature)?

Thorsten