Re: Globbing for Empty Directories?

On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 07:54 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

On Mar 28,  6:55pm, Aaron Davies wrote:
}
} > So even if zsh implemented an "empty directory" globbing flag
} > internally, it'd be doing effectively the same thing as the function
} > I showed.
}
} Alright then. It'd still be a nice thing to have in zsh. Is it a policy } that globbing be limited to things the filesystem can tell you directly?

I wouldn't say its "a policy", but so far it is a truism, AFAIK.

Well, it might not be a policy either, but it seems to me that a worthy goal (and one nearly reached) for zsh's globbing system would be to completely obsolete find. On cursory examination, finding empty directories seems to be the only thing missing. Is there any particular reason it shouldn't be added?
--