Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: How to get faster completion if I make zsh assume what I've typed so far is correct?
- X-seq: zsh-users 7332
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: How to get faster completion if I make zsh assume what I've typed so far is correct?
- Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:32:55 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <14f8etwgw10e8.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <12734.1080061609@xxxxxxx> <4061027C.907@xxxxxxx> <4073DAE5.6040904@xxxxxxx> <14f8etwgw10e8.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * paxunix (2004-04-07 12:41 +0100)
> >> The latter works perfectly. The situation is even more pronounced on
> >> zsh under Cygwin, where completing a path with
> >> /cygdrive/<drive-letter> will cause your floppy drive to be accessed
> >> every time you attempt a new completion. The accept-exact '*'
> >> resolves this issue wonderfully. Many thanks!
For just resolving the /cygdrive/<drive-letter> problem, it might be
better to use something like: accept-exact '[acdef]'
just list all your drive letters. That will limit the scope of the
style more than '*'.
> > There are a couple of very annoying issues with this solution:
> > ambiguous matches are not cycled through correctly and it is impossible
> > to complete some pathnames.
That's because it is enabling accept-exact for the last component and
not just the earlier path components.
I don't know of any way to get this to work properly (short of digging
into the C source for compfiles). It really ought to be possible to
disable the partial completion.
> Try "zstyle ':completion:*:paths' accept-exact continue"
That won't help. It would just affect directories named `continue'. The
value `continue' is a feature of the _expand completer so should be used
with a context like ':completion:*:expand:*'. It allows both completions
and expansions to be offered in the case of exact ambiguous matches.
Messages sorted by: