Re: pcre module help

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 10:48:44AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > if [[ $variable == pcre ]] ; then
> > blah
> > fi
>
> At this point, you have two options:
>
> 1)
> pcre_compile pcre
> if pcre_match $variable; then
>   blah
> fi
>
> 2)
> if [[ $variable -pcre-match pcre ]]; then
>   blah
> fi
>
> If these don't fit your needs, let us know.

Hi.

I tried this under zsh-4.2.0 on FreeBSD with the zsh module statically
linked in.

Method 1)

   # pcre_compile "^/.*local"

   pcre_compile: not available on this system

   # if pcre_match $PATH; then echo "matched"; fi

   pcre_match: not available on this system

Method 2)

   # if [[ $PATH -pcre-match '^/.*local' ]]; then echo "matched"; fi

   zsh: unrecognized condition: `$PATH'

   # pcre_compile "^/.*local"

   pcre_compile: not available on this system

   # if [[ $PATH -pcre-match '^/.*local' ]]; then echo "matched"; fi

   -- shell crashes leaving a core file --

The shell crashing is consistent when I try to use -pcre-match after
attempting to run pcre_compile.  Also, the -pcre-match method is not
mentioned in the zshmodules manual.

Regards,
Vincent

--
Vincent Stemen
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!