Re: Coloring completions

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, DervishD wrote:

>     Hey, that's weird :((( I'm testing again completion and *all*
> colorable files are colored *except* directories

unsetopt markdirs

When markdirs is set, the expansion of the glob appends a trailing slash
to the file name, and thus the coloring code no longer recognizes it as
being a string match for the actual directory name.

(When you're using default completion the file expansion is all done in
the internals and markdirs is ignored.)

You might want to take a look at the value assigned to the _comp_options
array in compinit, and the subsequent _comp_setup assignment.  One of
the first things _main_complete does is to eval that setup string.