Re: zsh tips plea (tip of the day)

On 2004-07-23 14:37:18 -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> I did, but I did not see the useful thing you mention.
>
> How is echoing ^O to the terminal helps?

^O is rmacs (end alternate character set). It is useful when ^N
(smacs: start alternate character set) has been sent to the terminal,
for instance after a binary file has been cat'ed.

The alternate character set basically corresponds to the line graphics
characters (replacing the normal ASCII characters).

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.