Re: syncing .zsh* files

* Timothy Luoma <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [20040806 19:18]:

> I'm interested in keeping my .zsh(rc|env) files synced across 3
> different machines.

> Anyone have any good techniques for doing so, especially when there are
> some things ($PATH) which are different on each machine?

I'm using subversion as a revision control system for all my main
config files - including zsh-setup.

Via .zlogin I'm checking for a timestamp (update only if timestamp
is older than one day) and run 'svn update'.

I'm doing the OS and machine stuff via:

,---- [ extract from my ~/.zshrc ]
| OS=${OSTYPE%%[0-9.]*}
|   case $OS in
|       linux-gnu)
|          source $ZSHDIR/zsh_linux
|       solaris)
|       freebsd)
|       nto-qnx)
|       [...]
`----

The same works of course for hostname (for machine-specific stuff).

You can find my (zsh) config online:
  http://www.michael-prokop.at/computer/config/
Feedback and suggestions are welcome ;-)

HTH && regards,
(-: Michael
--
www.michael-prokop.at