Re: 'zstyle ':predict' verbose true' hangs on zsh 4.2.1

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> "zstyle ':predict' verbose true" doesn't work with the newest zsh.

schaefer<509> echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.2.1-dev-1

If from here I type ^X^Z, I see

schaefer<510> _
predict-on

(with the cursor at the underscore).  Type ^Z and I get

schaefer<510> _
predict-off

Type ^X^Z again, then type "echo" and I see

schaefer<510> echo $ZSH_VERSION
predict-on

(with the cursor on the space after "echo").  Type ^B^B^H and I get

schaefer<510> eho $ZSH_VERSION
predict-off

(with the cursor on the 'h').

There are a lot of things about predict-on et al. that could be improved
with some of the newer zsh features, but this bit is working for me.  Can
you narrow it down to any other settings?