Re: matching all files which do not have a dot in filename

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Julius Plenz wrote:

> First I thought of this: **/*~*.* - but that doesn't work since it
> includes sub-directories which I dont want to get matched. So I tried
> **/*(.)~*.* to just match files - but zsh says that doesn't work.

Did you try **/*~*.*(.) ?  I think you have the glob qualifier in the
wrong place.  However, that will omit all files underneath directories
with dots in the directory name, which may not be what you meant.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> With EXTENDED_GLOB set: [^.]#

Or **/[^.]#(.) for all such plain files in the tree.