Re: Two simple questions

Tero Niemela <tero_niemela@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm seeing dirs like /bin /bin/ and even /bin// in my PATH. What would
> be the best way to clean up the trailing slashes? "typeset -U path"
> won't clean up paths if they have different number of trailing slashes
> (I mean all those mentioned paths are left but other instances of,
> e.g., /bin are of course cleaned).

AFAIK, zsh never adds stuff to the path by itself with a trailing path -
so just stopping to do that yourself in your own config files, should
do the trick.

If this doesn't help you, you'll just have to write your own function
that normalises the paths - stripping the trailing slashes should be
easy enough - typeset wont do that for you.