Re: Globbing question

Peter wrote:

> The answer to both this and the next question is that unfortunately you
> can't use glob qualifiers in ignored patterns.  They are handled as
> generic patterns, not specifically file patterns.  This is rather a
> nuisance.

I wouldn't say it is a nuisance. You can use the file-patterns style
instead to add glob qualifiers where _files is used for completing
files.

_path_files is used for completing files in this case, however. What we
need to ask is why someone should want to complete non-executable files
in command position. (I assume it may be related to suffix aliases). The
necessary change may then be simple. Or at least it would be if the
whole _autocd, _cd stuff wasn't very complicated.

Oliver