Completion strangeness

This relates to zsh 4.2.5's ssh command line completion.  I don't know
if this problem exists in earlier versions.

Here's the problem I'm seeing:

  krose@jihl ~% ssh krose@y<TAB>

results in

  krose@jihl ~% ssh krose@xxxxxxxxx

with the cursor over the second ".".  Then, if I hit <TAB> again, I get

  krose@jihl ~% ssh krose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with the completion "done" (i.e., the cursor a space after "org").
Problem is, when I do

  krose@jihl ~% ssh krose@y^Xn

I get

  yupa-dmz.valley-of-wind.krose.org  yupa.krose.org
  yupa.valley-of-wind.krose.org

Clearly, any of them match the original attempt to complete.  This works
just fine with hosts only:

  krose@jihl ~% ssh y<TAB>

  krose@jihl ~% ssh yupa<TAB>

  krose@jihl ~% ssh yupa<TAB>

  krose@jihl ~% ssh yupa-dmz.valley-of-wind.krose.org
  yupa-dmz.valley-of-wind.krose.org  yupa.krose.org
  yupa.valley-of-wind.krose.org

and so on, cycling through the three potential completions.

Any clues?

BTW, I've now been using zsh as my exclusive interactive shell for
almost exactly 10 years.  Sweet. :)

Cheers,
Kyle