Re: named pipes blocking zsh

On Jun 1,  8:24am, Tim K. (Gmane) wrote:
}
} Now that I think about it, what if the pine process crashed and
} didn't have a chance to send an EOF or remove the pipe (assuming pine
} implemented the EOF)?

A crash that severe is by definition an unrecoverable error; it's not
possible to write code to handle it, and it's certainly not zsh's job
to attempt to handle unrecoverable errors in other arbitrary programs.