Re: Asking ZSH: How are you ?

From: DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Asking ZSH: How are you ?
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:17:36 +0200

>     Hi Meino :)

  Hi :))

>  * Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@xxxxxx> dixit:
> >        When listing options (*** by `setopt', `unsetopt', `set -o' or
> >        `set +o'***), those turned on by default appear in the list
> >        prefixed with `no'.  Hence (unless KSH_OPTION_PRINT is set),
> >        `setopt' shows all options whose settings are changed from the
> >        default.
> >
> >   but giving "setopt +o" or "setopt -o"
> >   always gives me (even for setopt +o!):
> >
> > 	   setopt: string expected after -o
>
>     Of course it does, it's correct ;) You're mixing 'set +o/-o' with
> 'setopt' and 'unsetopt'.

  Oohh..damn...yes, of course! You are absolutely right...it must be
  an .....hrrrm.... pixel defect on my....MONITOR! ;)

> If you want to list all options use
> 'setopt', without arguments, or 'set -o'. If you want to show ALL
> options, no matter if they have their default value or not, use this
> little snippet (for example):
>
>     for option in ${(ko)options}; print ${(r:21:}option $options[$option]

  I pasted that to the commandline (zsh 4.2.5) and pressed <RETURN>. I
> got

zsh: error in flags

I checked several times for....hrrrmmm.....PIXEL ERRORS....but found none.

>     This will give you the list of all option names followed by its
> value. I find this easier to understand that the default of prefixing
> with 'no' and the like.

  Yes, me too...

>     Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

 Happy zshing!