Re: RFT: Request for a trick :O)

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  How can I get the return code of cmp, if <( is implemented as a pipe
>  ?

You may be running across a problem that someone else did recently,
that if a program running in the shell gets a SIGPIPE the shell pretends
it did when it's running interactively, and so aborts.  This isn't
particularly useful and we changed it on the head of the main line.
However, I can't get it to happen at all at the moment.

If that's not the problem (the shell is not aborting at the cmp), please
say what is.

pws

the system manager.