Re: setopt noclobber in /proc-filesystem

* Dan Nelson <dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20050815 17:15]:
> In the last episode (Aug 15), Michael Prokop said:

> > % setopt noclobber
> > % echo foo > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
> > zsh: file exists: /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

> > Is there any chance to use option 'noclobber' but allow writing to
> > /proc-filesystem anyway? I do know that there exists 'setopt
> > clobber' ;-) and "echo ... >| /proc/..." as well but other users
> > might not know this.

> > I'd like to ship zsh on my live-cd-system with 'setopt noclobber'
> > enabled but would like to avoid that users think the behaviour in
> > /proc-fs is a bug.  Any ideas?

> sysctl -w kernel.hotplug=foo

Hehe, I'd like to find a solution for the zsh-echo->/proc. ;)

*I* do know that I can use sysctl and 'echo >|...' but other users
do *not*. Therefore I need a solution where something like
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
works out-of-the-box.

regards,
-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux for texttool-users and sysadmins