Re: completions broken for root user

On 9/30/05, Scott Lipcon <slipcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently upgraded zsh on my FreeBSD machine, and now the freebsd specific
> completions are broken for the root user only...
<snip>

>  my $fpath variables are the same in both shells, and both contain
> /usr/local/share/zsh/4.2.5/functions/Completion/BSD/, which
> has the _bsd_pkg containing that function...

I'm just guessing here, but something like this has happened to me before:
I logged in my "regular" user, and my custom functions worked...
then I used su to become root... and my custom functions stopped working.

Turns out that I forgot that su doesn't source my shell files,
sourcing them manually worked, and su - worked as well.

Mentioning it just in case :)

Mike