    # more comments
    # no more coments below this line
    NOTINTERESTINGLABEL=whatever
    SOMELABEL=content1 / content 2
    ANOTHERLABEL1=content of label 1
    ANOTHERLABEL2=content of label 2
    ANOTHERLABELn=content of label n
    MORENOTINTERESTINGLABELS=blablabla
    ALOTOFNOTINTERESTINGLABELSWHICHENDSHERE=blablabla

    The file contents are contained in a parameter (long story...),
and they MUST be contained in a parameter.

    Well, I'm parsing it using this code:

# "data" contains the file data as shown above
typeset -a otherdata
print -n $data | while read line
do
    case $line in
    \#*) continue;;
    (#b)SOMELABEL=([^/]##)" / "([^$'\n']##))
        mydata1="$match[1]"
        mydata2="$match[2]"
        ;;
    (#b)ANOTHERLABEL[^=]#=(*))
        otherdata+="$match"
        ;;
    *) continue ;;
    esac
done

    Is there any better way of parsing this file using Zsh and
assuming that I may be interested in gathering the information for
other labels in the future? Yes, I know I can do this easily using
sed, but I want to do it using just Zsh code in order to avoid
dependencies. And yes, the file looks like a xmcd file from CDDB ;)

    I've tried to get the first data (the SOMELABEL data, that gives
us two items) using parameter substitution and using a conditional
expression, and both ways work, but the ANOTHERLABEL data is a
different issue and I find easier the above construct.

    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...