Re: How to "STTY" when "setopt nointeractive"?

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> On Oct 19,  9:24am, DervishD wrote:
> }     OK, that works. So STTY doesn't work if the shell is not
> } interactive, right? I don't understand why :?
>
> It's because scripts don't have ZLE to automatically reset the tty
> again after the change for that one command.

    But the problem I'm seeing is not that, the tty doesn't remain
"changed" after the STTY use. The problem is that STTY doesn't do
anything.

    Do you mean that STTY doesn't work *on purpose* because ZLE
couldn't reset the tty if STTY were used?

> The real intended usage of STTY is either to be typed at the prompt
> as a prefix to some command you know to need it, or to be included
> in aliases (which are expected only to be used interactively) in
> the same way.

    I understand, but from the manual I suppose it worked in scripts,
too. I took a look at the source code, just in case, but I didn't
discovered any hint about STTY and INTERACTIVE relations.

    Thanks for the explanation, Bart :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...