Re: Simple Tip of the Day

On Oct 28,  8:32pm, Jean Chalard wrote:
} Subject: Re: Simple Tip of the Day
}
} Type the beginning of a command, and you can navigate through your
} history lines that begin with what you typed. Exactly the same thing
} as the default binding, except it's more powerful.
} Only that messes up zed, because it only accepts up-line-or-history to
} go up. I suggested a patch on the zsh-workers mailing list long ago
} that Bart greatly improved, but it never made it into the CVS.

A patch for zed?  Searching the archives, I can't find anything that
mentions you, me, and zed in the same article.  I did find the 2004
thread "Re: .zshrc sanity check" where PWS proposed a vared patch to
make zed use its own keymap ... but that patch appears to have been
applied.