making zsh beep

Hi all,

I have installed zsh as a login shell and have done a bunch of
configuring, but there is one feature I would like it to do that bash
used to do, and cannot seem to locate any info on it.

In bash, backspacing on an empty command line produced a beep. How can I
make zsh do that?

I have setopt beep in a startup file, and ambiguous filename expansions
cause a beep. But backspacing on an empty command line does not. What
have I overlooked?

Thanks,

Chuck

Get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
  and remember, INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!