Re: Keying arrays to names: is there an array of arrays?

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> That's actually incorrect.  The (z) option is already splitting the
> value; you shouldn't need or want to split it again with (s: :).  If
> the setting of IFS is preventing (z) from working properly, that's
> probably a bug, but in any case the workaround is to make IFS local.

Well, all *I* know is that the s: : is needed -- at least without the
local IFS solution.  If someone can (and is willing) to convince me
that's a bug (I don't yet understand all the flags involved in these
expansions) I can cook up some nice test case/bug report.

Thank you for the local IFS, that does look/appear to be cleaner.

> If you're going to use these functions for hash access anyway, then
> you might as well also use ${(q)2} instead of $2 in both of them, to
> avoid issues with non-alphanumeric keys.

Thank you.  I'll keep that in mind if I run into the problem (dunno,
if I will, I'm prototyping an app and the keys will be filenames).

Johann

--
johann myrkraverk com (you know the drill with the @ and .)
I classify Outlook mail as spam, please use something else for