Re: ZIRC - The 100% Zsh IRC client :)

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 03:48:43PM -0500, Andrew Ruder wrote:
> ZIRC is an IRC client.  It hooks into ZLE's asynchronous select()
> support and ZSH's builtin TCP support to do everything.  Not a *single*
> external, non-zsh command was used in this program.  If you're typing
> something at the prompt and someone messages you, it'll simply interrupt
> your current prompt, print out the message and let you continue with
> your typing.

Kudos for this astonishing piece of software :) I like it. It is not a
thing I would use as my regular IRC client, but it's fun using it.

My wishlist:

- completion for nick names
- some kind of recode support? (my system uses UTF-8, but I want to use
  iso-8859-1 for my IRC messages)
- triggers? (I'm being stupid, I know :))

> *) (Optional) Run zsh_aliases, this sets up some aliases to make it a
                    ^^^ The function is named zirc_aliases, no?

On the one hand it is annoying to escape shell meta characters, on the
other hand it is pretty neat to USE shell meta characters in your
messages...

noglob helps a little bit, but most annoying are smilies ;)

Greetings, Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/