Re: Separating <tab> and <C-i>

On Jun 26,  4:05am, Ligesh wrote:
}
} [...] does that mean zsh is actually processing the
} ascii value of the key pressed? So zsh has no means to know whether it
} was <tab> or <c-i>?

Yes, and correct.  Although the window system knows the detailed state
of the keyboard, zsh is restricted to working with what it gets through
the TTY device, after the terminal emulator has done its thing.

} I have xmodmap, but that will play havoc with my entire system, [...]
} But I guess that's the only way out.

No, you can assign the mappings just within the terminal emulator (e.g.
xterm) by using appropriate X resources.  You may even be able to limit
the remappings to instances of the emulator that have been given a
specific window name.  Look at the documentation for the terminal progam
to see what resources it supports.