Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Does zsh have an equivalent to the shopt command ?
- X-seq: zsh-users 10552
- From: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Does zsh have an equivalent to the shopt command ?
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:18:29 -0400
- Cancel-lock: sha1:AHDe2JtCFUVJpirNZy2j6Qm6RVM=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <96c45c490607220357h2c841b20q506de061f0e6f43b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200607221508.k6MF8W0w002651@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <96c45c490607240044t282314dcn149e04073c0c2a1f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200607241001.k6OA1rvM003764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <96c45c490607240423u131caf80w6e5d667c735a65b9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200607241138.k6OBcQmE015964@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <96c45c490607262038m39ed9af5nebe437335258ef0b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sean <schliden@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Sorry for the slow reply... wife's birthdays seems to take preceedence :^)
> I can run sed from the command line ok, and all of the other sed stuff
> in the script works.
> It seems to be something to do with processing these text blocks:
> I have tried saving these in seperate files and running them but zsh
> crashes immeadiately, without outputting a single line.
> What does: -e 's/^ //' do anyway ?
> Perhaps I can work around this with a different approach.
Again, could you post the entire script, from top to bottom? It will be
easier to help you with this if you do so.
The "-e ..." stuff you mention above strips the leading whitespace out
of the lines within the here document, e.g., between "<<EndVersion" and
> On 7/24/06, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sean wrote:
>> > The message fails to print and the shell hangs !
>> I can't reproduce that. What happens if you run the sed (and its
>> here-document) from the command line, or by running ". file" on a file
>> that contains only the sed command? Could the path to "sed" be wrong?
>> To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.php
God bless you.
Messages sorted by: