Re: Does zsh have an equivalent to the shopt command ?

Sean <schliden@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sorry for the slow reply... wife's birthdays seems to take preceedence :^)
>
> I can run sed from the command line ok, and all of the other sed stuff
> in the script works.
>
> It seems to be something to do with processing these text blocks:
>
> <<EndVersion
> EndVersion
>
> <<EndHelp
> EndHelp
>
> <<Endusage
> EndUsage
>
> I have tried saving these in seperate files and running them but zsh
> crashes immeadiately, without outputting a single line.
>
> What does:   -e 's/^    //'  do anyway ?
>
> Perhaps I can work around this with a different approach.
>
> Cheers
>
> Sean

Again, could you post the entire script, from top to bottom?  It will be
easier to help you with this if you do so.

The "-e ..." stuff you mention above strips the leading whitespace out
of the lines within the here document, e.g., between "<<EndVersion" and
"EndVersion".

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx