Re: autocompletion of file url's

Nathan Haigh <n.haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Replying to my own posts! :o)
>
> I have made some progress. I commented out 2 lines at the start of my
> .zshrc file that were not in the .zshrc file on my works machine. These
> were:
> autoload -U compinit
> compinit

That's the wrong way to do it.  You're now going back to the old
"compctl"-based completion.  That has no subversion completion built into
it and you will be picking up whatever compctl instructions are around on
your system.  It's much harder to extend and in particular you're unlikely
ever to get URLs working properly.

Keep the lines above and check you have some version of zsh 4.2 or higher.
After running those lines, "print $_comps[svn]" should output
"_subversion".  That's the completion function I patched yesterday.