use with gdb

I am try ing to debug cvs emacs which is running in an X-window from tty0 which is not an xterm, but $TERM says it and the the I get the following results.

----------------

gdb emacs 2388
GNU gdb 6.5.50.20060706-cvs (cygwin-special)
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
Attaching to program `/bin/emacs.exe', process 2388
zsh: suspended (tty output)  gdb emacs 2388

--------

I am trying to figure out the cause for this error.
I used to be able to do debug emacs c-functions, but now can't.

Any advice is appreciated.

Darel

--
How many Roman Neuheusers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.