Re: Functions, sourcing and compinit: function definition file not found.

Nick Stenning wrote:
>    /home/borior/.zshrc:106: compinit: function definition file not found
>
> The really odd part of this story comes when I tell you that
> "source ${zdotdir}/.zshrc" works absolutely fine from the shell. No
> error from compinit whatsoever.

Look at what's happening to the variable fpath (equivalently FPATH)
while your code is running; simply "print $fpath" at occasional points
should be enough.  I would guess somewhere it's being reset and only
later restored to what you expect.