Re: What was the reason for history -D not reporting runtimes?

On 11/27/06, Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 06:52:50PM +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Yes, but that I already have.  The -D information somehow isn't
> recorded.  I thought it was incappendhistory that caused this, but I
> don't have that set.

The SHARE_HISTORY option also causes this.  This is because the current
algorithm for sharing history writes out the history lines as soon as
you enter the command.  Perhaps we should revisit the reasons for this
design choice to see if we still agree that this is the best spot to do
the shared/inc-append history updating.

I don't have that set either.  dang...

setopt autocd                                 \
      autopushd                              \
      completeinword nolistambiguous         \
      rcexpandparam rcquotes                 \
      correct dvorak                         \
      nonotify                               \
      nobeep

That's what I set.  I do have some zstyles for history completion:

zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' stop yes
zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' remove-all-dups yes
zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' list no
zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' menu yes

but I don't see how that can affect anything.

 nikolai