Re: conditionally match part of file name to most recently modified file

On 2007-06-18 14:55:45 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> "*(-^/)" or "*(-/)" should do the trick.  I've had funny results with
> non-existent targets when doing this on the command line.

OK. Another problem: if I type

% ls a[TAB]

I get a list of different possible files. Then I type '^X.', but
instead of getting the most recent file, I get the first item of
the list above. Is there a way to make '^X.' reset the above list
(while still being able to type ^X. several times and get different
results)?